If you want to straighten your teeth without going through the pain of traditional metal braces, Invisalign treatments are the best solution. This type of dental care uses an unconventional approach to fix your teeth alignment while staying virtually invisible efficiently.
Invisalign is well-known for using primarily hygienic clear aligners as orthodontic treatment. Plus, the SmartForce Technology that comes with Invisalign treatments allows the customization of removable clear aligners unique to your teeth.
These virtually invisible plastic aligners will be placed over your teeth so they can gradually move and straighten your teeth alignment without causing too much interruption in your lifestyle. Most people won’t even notice that you’re wearing such aligners.
Now, the Invisalign process is pretty simple:
- Your dentist will perform a 3D scan of your teeth
- Straightening strategies will be laid out based on your x-rays and scans
- Start smiling with custom-made Invisalign clear aligners!
Typically, you’ll have to wear a series of aligners in 3 to 4 sets at a time, which you will replace with a two-week interval until the desired outcome is achieved. Today, we will talk about the things that you need to know before getting promising Invisalign treatments. So, feel free to bookmark this page in case you’re still trying to decide if the treatment is really for you.
Things You Need to Know Before Getting Invisalign Treatments
- You’ll feel little to no discomfort or pain
- Colored food and drinks are not advisable
- Invisalign treatments are 2x faster than traditional metal braces
- You’ll have “button” attachments for your clear aligners
- IPR is necessary if your teeth are too packed together
- In rare cases, regular braces may be needed
- Rubber bands may be used along with your aligners
- Several sets of clear aligners will be made for you
- You’ll still need retainers after your Invisalign treatments
- You’ll sometimes feel your teeth loosening – that’s normal
The Invisalign process has revolutionized teeth alignment. Gone are the days when we have to tolerate metal brackets and wires on our teeth for months. By doing invisalign in Baton Rouge, all you need are clear plastic aligners to shift your teeth into a straighter position and achieve that good-looking smile.
And while you’re deciding if Invisalign treatments are right for you, let’s dig deeper into each one of the ten things you should know about these teeth straightening treatments, so you know what to expect.
Feel Little to No Discomfort or Pain
Invisalign treatments have been done away with the uncomfortable wires and brackets from traditional metal braces. Instead, Invisalign lets you realign your teeth using removable clear aligners. But remember that you will need to wear these aligners for about 20 to 22 hours a day—your commitment is essential in getting efficient results.